Vacation season (whether for the summer or winter holidays) brings fun and challenges. Do it right and you can enjoy and refresh yourself while maintaining your progress toward your goals. Fail to approach it thoughtfully, and you probably won’t like the outcome.
This week I’m sharing several greatest hits from the past with tips to help you make the most of your summer, whether you’re about to be in the full swing of it or whether it’s still six months away in your part of the world. (And, of course, these tips apply for any kind of vacation as well as no vacation at all.) Click on the links below to read the full articles.
- Increase your efficiency by cutting the time you spend in the office: This post shares three tips about how you can shift your approach to work so you can get more done and get out the door.
- The Reset Button: Two tips to help you feel less pressured, which in turn will increase your efficiency and effectiveness.
- Addressing Burnout: Your Productivity Depends on It: How can disconnecting from your work improve your productivity?
- Get Out of the Office: Your best thoughts about work probably won’t happen at work.
- The Productive Value of Vacation: How short bursts of recreation can refresh and reinvigorate you.
- How Your Holidays Can Help Your Grow Your Practice: “Your future is created by what you do today.” This article covers how to continue forward motion while enjoying your vacation season.
- Mix Work and Play for Fun & Profit: This article covers the neglected art of gracefully shifting a social contact into a business conversation—without being that tone-deaf boor who’s always selling him- or herself.