Sorry for the silence of late; my workload over the past week precluded sleep and blogging was a secondary casualty. (Balance in action, you know.) Substantive blogging may resume later this week, certainly by Monday. At the moment, I have a pie in the oven, cranberry sauce on the stove, flourless chocolate torte cooling on the counter, and a turkey getting ready to be brined, and my husband and family clamoring for an advance taste of the goodies. The work/life balance pendulum has swung firmly into the “life” category.
In the meantime, I wish all readers a happy Thanksgiving, spent over good food and wine with friends and family — or a bucket of KFC and good football, as you prefer.
Because I am at times a sentimental, traditionalist sap, I’ll share a list of my blog-related gratitudes here:
* The many people I’ve met over the last 10 months as a result of my blogging
* The new ideas and perspectives I’ve been exposed to in the blogosphere
* The opportunity to develop a discipline of writing on a (more or less) regular basis
* The fun of watching my readership grow
* Having an opportunity to have a voice in the problems and solutions in the profession
* The joy of working with each of my clients and watching them succeed
For these and so many other things, I am truly grateful.